Meet the Bloggers!

Students just like you have been hard at work this past year, writing student-centred blog posts that we hope you will find entertaining and informative.  Follow our CluedUp blog for their opinions and advice about everything from budgeting and dealing with exam stress to events/opportunities in Aberdeen and recipes.

So, without further ado, we’d like to introduce you to some of our team:

Eleni Marinopoulou

“As a psychology student who is passionate about mental health and helping others, I love that CluedUp gave me a space for my voice to be heard and write about what I love. I blog because I want to share, create and inspire.”

Ivana Drdakova

“I am Ivana and I am studying English and Scottish Literature. My interests include helping the community, reading books and writing poetry. I like writing blogs for CluedUp as I can write about topics that interest me such as the environment and help other people to find some interest in it as well.”

Sandra Porenta

“My name is Sandra Porenta and I’m studying English with Creative Writing at the University of Aberdeen. Writing this blog allows me to share my experiences as a student while improving my writing and being creative which I enjoy. Apart from reading books and writing, I also spend a lot of my time dancing which has been my passion for years.”

Sofia Wigren

“My name is Sofia Wigren and I am a 20-year-old Business Management and Real Estate student from Sweden who enjoys spending my time on triathlon training and cooking plenty of vegan food. As a student blogger, I feel like I got the opportunity to write about things I love and enjoy alongside likeminded people and to be creative as a part of my university experience outside of my studies.”

Tanya Bhayani

“My name is Tanya Bhayani and I am going into my final year of studying MA Psychology. I’m interested in giving students information and advice through my experiences of the University and its services. I also really enjoy learning about what’s important to other students, so I employ this interest through my role as a peer assisted learning (PAL) leader as well as writing blog posts. I hope that my posts will provide a genuine, relatable but ultimately resourceful platform for getting advice on what I feel is important to pass on to prospective and current students of Aberdeen! :)”

Abigail Sked

“I’m Abigail and my interests include travelling, dancing and cooking. During my last year at uni I worked as a Student Health and Wellbeing Ambassador at the University which involved looking after the CluedUp website. Now that I have finished my degree in International Relations and Hispanic Studies, I’m excited to continue contributing to CluedUp as a graduate blogger. I think CluedUp is great because it gives students a platform to voice their own opinions about the opportunities and challenges inherent to student life.”

Would you like to be an official student blogger for the University of Aberdeen?

We are currently looking for creative students to share their experiences of being a student by blogging or vlogging about things that matter to students. These may be subjects of your choice or one of the many topics that students have told us they would like to hear about such as revision tips, managing your money or being out and about in Aberdeen.
If you are interested, please submit a short blog (100 – 150 words) on a topic of your choice to cluedup@abdn.ac.uk

0 thoughts on “Meet the Bloggers!