How to register with a GP as a student at the University

If you’re here for more than one semester, it’s important that you register with a local GP. That way, it’ll be easier to get an appointment when you need one.

International Students

If you’re an Erasmus or Study Abroad student and you’re only here for one semester, you do not need to register with a GP. However, if you do have medical issues during your stay, you can request an out-of-hours appointment or receive medical advice by calling 111.

What to do in an emergency

In a medical emergency, you should dial 999 or go straight to A&E at Foresterhill. Do not call your local GP for emergencies.

Sign up events

Look out for GP sign up events during Induction Week. You’ll find stalls with more information about where and how to sign up. Alternatively, register by dropping into your local GP practice detailed below.

GP Registration

The GP surgery that you should register with, depends on where you stay. See the table below for a range of GP surgeries available for University of Aberdeen Students.

Hillhead Halls
Please register with Old Aberdeen Medical practice, 12 Sunnybank Road.

Old Machar Medical Practice, 526 King Street

Spring Gardens
Denburn Health Centre, Rosemount Viaduct

King Street Exchange
Calsayseat Medical Group, 44 Powis Place

Fire Station, Meal Market & private Accommodation close to the University Campus
Old Aberdeen Medical Practice, 12 Sunnybank Road

More information: