There are so many benefits to volunteering. Not only will you be helping a worthwhile cause, but volunteering can also boost your metal wellbeing, gives opportunities to meet new people, and can contribute to your professional development.
There are various opportunities to volunteer either within the university or with other organisations around Aberdeen. The websites below outline these possibilities as well as the benefits of volunteering and the opportunity to have your volunteering officially recognised.
- Are you volunteering? You might be volunteering and not know that you are. For example, being a society committee member is a form of volunteering. Any volunteering that you do can be logged on the Saltire Award website and the time that you have given to volunteering will be officially recognised.
- AUSA Raising and Giving
- Careers Service – Volunteering at the University
- NHS – Give for Mental Wellbeing
- NHS – Health Benefits of Volunteering
- The Mix – Volunteering opportunities and Frequently Asked Questions